Look no further! Animal Track Molds are a great activity!
plaster of paris
1. Have students select a track mold.
2. Tell them they need a ratio of 2:1 plaster of paris to water.
3. Place ingredients in a ziplock baggie and SEAL the baggie to mix.
4. Have students mix until they have the consistency of a melted milkshake.
5. Cut a small hole in the baggie and squeeze contents into mold.
6. Tap sides of mold to remove bubbles.
Pop the mold out and it is time for a great discussion.
Questions you can ask your students:
Concepts you can teach through track molds:
predator and prey relationships
measuring, estimating and ratio (the plaster of paris)
Track molds can be ordered through Acorn Naturists as well as these stencils and this carnivore game.