- That uses scientific practices
- Integrates Common Core ELA standards for Reading Informational Text
- Integrates Common Core ELA standards for Writing Informational Text
- Utilizes the Interactive Notebook
- Note: I have tried several methods for putting fall leaves into the interactive notebook. The best method seems to be clear packing tape, which seals out the oxygen and preserves the leaf.
- go outside and collect 6 different leaves each.
- Put the combined leaves in the center of each group. As a group, students sort leaves however they want.
- See if you can look at the diagram of leaf parts and find
those parts on your leaves.
- Hand students a leaf classification guide and have them adjust their classifying.
Graphic Organizers for Reading and Writing Informational Text 4th and 5th grade CC standards
Graphic Organizers for Reading and Writing Informational Text 2nd and 3rd Grade CC Standards
Special thanks to the Sacramento Science Project for the Focused Reading and Structured Think, Pair, Share ideas. http://sasp.ucdavis.edu